A Powerful Alternative
CorelDRAW Graphic Suite X3 – A Breakthrough in Design
by: Jerry Liao
No doubt that when it comes to graphics suites, Adobe is the leader. Not only because it’s packed with a lot of features, a lot of people are using the application. But like any other graphic solution, Adobe softwares comes with a price. If budget is not a problem, then go with Adobe. But if budget is a concern, you may want to take a look at CorelDRAW.
It’s not as strong as Adobe’s offering, but it costs a lot less. With CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3, budget-minded design professionals and business users get access to excellent graphics tools at an affordable price. Corel has added several features and enhancements to this already terrific package.
CorelDRAW Graphic Suite X3 comes With over 400 enhancements, 40 new features, 10,000 new images and 1,000 new fonts. New features include:
– Corel PowerTRACE X3, best-in-class integrated bitmap-to-vector tracing solution provides optimal accurate results with color control flexibility. Plus! Prepare traced images confidently for spot colors with the color conversion palette.
– Corel PHOTO-PAINT X3 Image Adjustment Lab easily adjusts color, tones, and create snapshots of your photo adjustments with one single click.
– Hints docker provides dynamic, context-sensitive tips and tricks as you work, making the suite easier to use and learn.
– 10,000 clipart images, 1,000 new fonts individually hand-selected for the best quality.
– Interactive Fit Text to Path tool can precisely attach text to a path. A common effect for creating logos and signs, this new tool lets you interactively and quickly get your desired results.
– Open or create password-protected PDFs makes it easy to secure client files.
– CorelDRAW Design Collection offers 100 creatively varied templates that are easily customized to suit specific needs.
– Overprints Preview: allows you to confidently prepare objects for print by simulating the color of areas where objects overlap and preview these in the application.
– Crop tool: A significant time-saver, the Crop tool lets you quickly remove unwanted areas in objects and photos.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 is ideal for:
– Design-oriented professionals, either freelancers or those working in advertising industries.
– Production-oriented professionals working in business services such as sign-making, screen printing, awards, engraving, and embroidery.
– Small businesses with a need to create or repurpose their business marketing collaterals.
– Students and teachers at school or at home looking for creative ways to incorporate graphics into their curriculum, projects, and reports.
– Business professionals in government and commercial organizations such as technicians, sales support specialists, engineers, scientists and administrative support professionals.
Aside from CorelDRAW Graphic Suite X3, Corel also has Corel DRAWings X3, Corel KnockOut 2, Corel KPT Collection and Corel Grafigo 2 under its graphic offerings. But Corel is more than Graphics, its offerings spans to Technical Illustration ( Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite 12, Corel DESIGNER Professional 12), Painting/Natural Media ( Corel Painter X, Corel Painter Essentials 4), and Web Design (Ulead PhotoImpact 12).
With this comprehensive graphics suite, you can confidently tackle a wide variety of projects – from logo creation and Web graphics to multi-page marketing brochures and eye-catching signs. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3 offers the ultimate combination of superior design capabilities, speed, ease of use and affordability.
For more information, contact WordText Systems Inc., exclusive distributor of Corel Suites.