Business Objects Announces Industry’s First Intelligence Platform
by: Jerry Liao
What do you do after gathering all the data that you have? Generate reports perhaps – then what? Did it ever occurred to you that you can create scenarios to help companies arrive to better corporate related decisions. This is just one characteristics and benefits of Business Intelligence (BI) Software.
BI applications include the activities of decision support systems, query and reporting, online analytical processing (OLAP), statistical analysis, forecasting, and data mining. BI systems also provide historical, current, and predictive views of business operations,
Just recently, Business Objects, an SAP company announced BusinessObjects XI 3.0.
The full spectrum of BI capabilities provided by BusinessObjects XI 3.0 – from reporting, query and analysis, dashboards and visualization to predictive analysis – helps ensure all people get the right interface and level of interactivity for their role. Business Objects has developed the next-generation user experience, including search and exploration, mobile BI and desktop-based metrics, to dramatically extend the power and freedom of BI to a far wider community.
BusinessObjects XI 3.0 includes significant updates to the portfolio, such as:
– Crystal Reports 2008, the industry de facto reporting standard, the only reporting solution to embed Flash and Flex for more interactivity and integrating BI with business processes.
– Web Intelligence, the most advanced query, reporting and analysis tool for SAP and non-SAP environments, now for the first time providing users with both online and offline access.
– Xcelsius 2008, a point-and-click data visualization tool designed to create interactive, shareable dashboards – now with easier and more powerful analytic creation.
– Polestar, a new tool that combines the simplicity and speed of search with the trust and analytical power of BI to provide immediate answers to business questions.
– BI Widgets, a new capability that puts personalized metrics directly on people’s desktop, so they can monitor key performance indicators and access the most up-to-date information available.
– Voyager, an OLAP data exploration tool designed specifically for financial and business analysts now with enhanced multi-dimensional analysis and visualization.
– Mobile, a solution for remote access to favorite BI reports, metrics and real-time data with a single click of a wireless device – including enhanced alerts and disconnected analysis mode.
– Live Office, which allows simple embedding and updating of new data in Microsoft Office Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, with even greater platform support.
– Dashboard Builder, which provides instant insight into business activities by viewing all business intelligence content together in one consolidated dashboard view, now with enhanced interfaces and usability workflows.
– Enhanced support for SAP users including improved performance, increased support for SAP metadata and broader integration for SAP applications.
With BusinessObjects XI 3.0, IT can cost-effectively serve the demands of the business, delivering all the right information to everyone who needs it. Now customers can be assured they are gaining the most accurate and trustworthy information with the fastest time to delivery.
BusinessObjects XI 3.0 offers full-spectrum BI capabilities for everyone in the organization with the information they need, when they need it.
God Bless us all!